It’s finally Fall, and I think I can say that we’re all pretty okay with it. The fall fashion, and being able to wear more than a t-shirt, and not sweating off our makeup. Am I right ladies? The changing leaves, and endless inspiration we all get from not being 1,000 degrees in summer. Fall is one of my most productive times of the year, and so I wanted to share with you my “10 Ways To Celebrate Fall”, so you too can maximize what I say is the best season of them all.
- Apple Picking! My husband and I have already been apple picking this season, and I am still overloaded with apples. I got carried away, and picked what looks like the entire orchard, which I plan to make an apple pie with in the next few days.
- Scenic Drive. If you live somewhere where you can enjoy the changing colors of the leaves, than this is the perfect fall activity for you. I went and drove through the White Mountains, windows cracked, music playing, and gazed at all of the fall colored trees, and it was so peaceful. If the leaves don’t change where you live, like here in New England, take a drive anyway! Chances are, the weather is semi cooler where you are, and you can choose your own scenic route.
- Camping! Fall is the perfect season to get in a weekend trip to the woods. Devoting ourselves to nothing but s’mores, oversized sweaters, thick socks, and waking up to the sounds of nature. Can you think of a better way to decompress?
- Attend a Fair. Fairs are one of the most “Fall” things that you can do. Caramel apples, farm animals, apple crisp, and games where you win oversized stuffed animals you don’t need.
- Read. I don’t know about you, but over the summer, the books I wanted to read kept piling higher and higher, as I traveled quite a bit. Now that colder weather approaches, it’s going to be easier for me to catch up on reading. You can find me cozying up by my space heater, as I’m not fancy enough to have a real fireplace yet. One day.
- Update Wardrobe. This is one of my favorite fall must do’s! You don’t have to tell me twice to buy new scarves, hats, and warm sweaters. Also I wear a lot of neutral tones all throughout the year, which look so good come fall time. So this is basically the time to revamp my entire wardrobe for the year. Win win!
- Pumpkin Carving! Halloween is approaching, and fast. Go to a local farm, snag that perfect pumpkin, and get to carving! Don’t throw away your pumpkin seeds either! Bake those bad boys!
- Crockpot Meals. This is the best time of year to break out those crock pots people! Cold weather means soup, chili, stews. Also there are so many easy recipes for crock pot meals. Pinterest is my secret weapon when it comes to cooking anything, but especially getting ideas for cooking in the crock pot.
- Travel. One of my favorite places to go in the fall is Boston. It’s only two hours away from Portland Maine, where I live, which is scenic in itself but I live here. I love strolling down Newbury St, with all of the old architecture mingling with the changing leaves. Especially with a nice hot tea, or hot apple cider in hand.
- TV! If you’re a Grey’s Anatomy fanatic like me, than September is your favorite month. All of my shows come back in the fall. Grey’s & This Is Us. It’s the perfect time to curl up in your yoga pants and sweatshirt, and Hulu and chill, as Netflix can’t stream my shows. Sorry Netflix.
What are some of your favorite ways to ring in the season?